Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Support Your Local Super Hero

My name is Fearkiller Dorchester and I'm a Green Lantern.

You might think that I'm a man pretending to be a Green Lantern or you may think that I have some Super Hero delusion and I dress up in a poorly made costume and go from rooftop to rooftop fighting crime. You may think that it's only a matter before I try to use my "Power Ring" to create a bullet blocking shield and wind up in the hospital or the morgue.

Nope. Not gonna happen. I have a Power Ring and it works very well thank you very much. Well, unless I'm in a laggy area or the region I'm in doesn't allow building.

If you're confused, it's because your paradigm hasn't shifted yet. Allow me to make that move for you.

I was born in Second Life, not more than a month ago and my base of operation is on Mogo, where New OA is located. Second Life is an MMORPG which is short for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

You've heard of the Real Life Super Heroes, right? Ordinary human beings with no powers and no abilities other than a larger than normal desire to help their fellow man? I'm not one of them.

I'm a Virtual World Super Hero. That means that I'm, for all intents and purposes, a sort of police officer in one of the many MMORPG's out there in cyberspace. The difference between me and my Real Life counterparts is that I have a lot more, say... influence?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My base of operation is in Second Life. I'm not a member of the Green Lantern Core which is the oldest Lantern fan group in SL (although I do have an application pending). I am a member of the Power Corps which includes various DC Lantern groups, including the Red (or Rage) Lanterns, Blue Lanterns and the Yellow Lanterns, Sinestro's power ring allies.

We're all good guys, though. There are so called "Super Villains" in our particular little slice of cyberspace but they mainly hang out in discos or the seedier roleplay areas.

There's so much that can be said about Second Life, the Power Corps and the Green Lantern Core. Too much to be said in one blog post. The best way to find out about Second Life is to visit
Second Life. Click Here for more information on the subject. And if you see me flying around practicing my Power Ring skills, stop by and say hi.


No comments:

Post a Comment