Thursday, May 28, 2009

Green Lantern Core Has Open Meeting On New Oa

The Green Lantern Core had it's weekly meeting at the Beta Quadrant today at 6:30pm SLT.  Attendance was high with a healthy mix of GL Rookies and GL Applicants (including yours truly).

Guardian Cathy Gray began the meeting by asking if there was any news to report, at which time GreenLantern Excelsior of the GLC Honor Guard reported that he ejected "flying naked griefers" from the Second Pride event being held at Osmium inworld.

Second Pride is a festival held inworld of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transexual community and is similar to the Gay Pride festivals being held in FirstLife throughout the world.  As such, it is a prime target for griefers and the GLC kindly offered their services as volunteers to the event.  The event runs until the 30th of May and attendance is open (except for griefers).

Other items of note were:

  • GL Rookie Ceri Denimore along with GL Honor Guard GreenLantern Excelsior reported that there is still a need for volunteers at the Second Pride event.  I myself sent an IM to Macon McGinnis asking for information on volunteering and he pointed me in the direction of Kefir Lamont as Macon's primary avatar Madison Rutledge is temporarily blocked.
  • Pierce Kronos reported that the GLC's largest class was set to graduate and that applicants would be interviewed as soon as possible.  He also threw down the gauntlet saying that we had our work cut out for us to rival that particular class as they excelled at volunteerism. 
  • Group treasurer GLFinance Battery made a brief report on the financial status of the group and while it was not stated, I assume that there is enough to cover rent.
  • And Guardian Jeff Beckenbauer took the floor with my favorite part of every meeting, the Ring report.  He told us of the many improvements to the ring including a very impressive teleport feature being included in it's latest incarnation.  I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of it, as it was a sight to behold.  If and when I graduate into the Core, I'm going to spend a lot of time randomly going from sim to sim via ring teleport.
  • Fellow GL Applicant Kume Grant suggested a GL Library, which I immediately offered to help with via IM.  While I'm no scholar, I have been keeping up with my Green Lantern Lore by reading the necessary .cbz files leading up to the Blackest Night storyline.
For all my wannabe superheroes out there, come join me in Second Life so we can make the metaverse a better place for all it's residents.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment